Picking up ingredients at the grocery store and cooking dinner after work is therapy for me. I can’t control what happens in my day, but I can control what I eat which makes me feel good. My go-to recipes are quick, easy, healthy and tasty (my boyfriend and I think so anyway!).
I wanted to share some of these recipes with you to give you some dinner inspiration and also because I haven’t blogged a recipe in years (last post in 2013 here!).
This is a very easy version of kedgeree, a spicy British/Indian fusion dish with salmon, boiled eggs, rice and vegetables. It’s so easy, healthy and tasty. The perfect after work dinner on a cold, wintery evening in Sydney.
– 180g of hot smoked salmon
– 1 tablespoon of Keen’s Curry Powder (or more if you like it hot)
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil for frying
– 2 packets of Microwave rice (I usually use one SunRice Basmati rice and one SunRice Rice and Quinoa)
What you need to do in 7 steps:
1. First pop your eggs in some boiling water and set your timer to 3 minutes for soft boiled or 8 minutes for hard boiled (your choice).
2. Follow the packet directions for the rice and leave aside to cool a little.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the crushed garlic and cook for a few minutes on medium heat.
4. Add around 3/4s of the packet of veggies (about 250g-ish) and fry for about 4 minutes.
7. Once the eggs are boiled to your liking, peel, quarter and pop on top of your rice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy! You may even have leftovers to show off to your colleagues at lunch the next day!