Sadly, summer is over for us in the Southern hemisphere. The days are becoming shorter and the air is a little cooler and less humid which means it’s time to enjoy all the summer things we love before day light savings ends. Here are 9 ways I’m planning to enjoy the last week of long summer days and nights:
- Enjoy that happy, exciting feeling of leaving work when it’s still light.
- Have a barbecue dinner on the balcony.
- Eat lunch outdoors in the sun.
- Exercise outdoors.
- Have a picnic on the beach.
- Swim in one of Sydney’s numerous ocean baths after work one night.
- Wear my brightest, loudest summer dresses. I plan to team them up with a sensible cardigan or blazer for work.
- Stroll through the city in my pretty sandals or comfortable havaina thongs.
- Treat myself to an ice cream in the sun.
How will you enjoy the last of the summer? And if you’re in the Northern hemisphere, how do you plan to spend the summer?